Wednesday, July 30, 2008

STOCKHOLM! July 26-28, 2008


Stortorget, main square in Gamla Stan


Jakobs Kyrka


10-Gruppen, (10 Swedish designers)

I spent three awesome days in Stockholm. I took tons of pictures but selected a few to show the variety of what I saw. Upon arriving in the city, the first things I noticed are that it is clean, bright, and has a crisp edge to it. By that I mean, a lot of the architecture has flat surfaces and edges and not a lot of decoration. Even old buildings. The colour palette of buildings in the Old City also created a nice, crisp contrast against the bright blue sky.

Breakfast buffet was included in my hotel stay so I made sure to load up! That would be my fuel for the day. The coffee there was REALLY good. I sneaked a few extra rolls and an apple for later. Stockholm is very expensive. They're part of the EU but not on the Euro. I was told they don't want to switch over because they have the strongest economy in Europe.

No comments: