The Kröller-Müller Museum
Vincent Van Gogh
The Gerrit Rietveld Pavillion
Jean Dubuffet: Jardin d'émail
free white bikes and the one I picked out
Sand dunes in The Netherlands?!
I took this photo while riding my bike. Look out for ribbels and wildrooster!
The Kröller-Müller Museum & The Hoge Veluwe National Park: try saying that 5x fast. On Wednesday I took a complex trip out to the Arnhem area. On the way out, I took one train and two buses. On the way back, I took one bus and two trains. Regardless, it was worth the effort!
The KMM is a great building architecturally. See pic. It is home to a terrific collection of Van Goghs but it's collection spanned from the 15th-20th centuries. It also included Léger, Picasso, Monet, Manet, Degas, Braque, Rivera, and loads of other artists I remember from taking art history. There's also an outdoor sculpture park. My favourite thing out there was the Rietveld pavillion. I gather most people make the trip for the museum. I was looking forward to the National Park! It's a nature reserve that encompasses thick, wooded areas and sand dunes! I was able to get around via a white bike that is free to all visitors. How fun! It was really hot. The overall look of the area in some parts reminded me of Sun River. There's also wild game out there but I didn't see any.

No comments:
Post a Comment